Thursday

The Dark Night Rises Premier: Hair and Makeup

So all of you batman lovers know that The Dark Night Rises premiers tonight at midnight.  I know I can't wait to see the movie.  My cousin Chase is going all out for the premier.  He will be attending tonight as, of course, Heath Ledger's version of The Joker.  I was excited to be asked to do his hair and makeup for the premier tonight.  We had our practice run last night so I have to share with you the pictures. I have some better ones that my Aunt, Chase's mother, who is a photographer took.  For some reason I can't get them to load, but I will figure it out and post those with our tutorial that we will post when it gets closer to Halloween.  They are much better and show way more detail!
Heath Ledger version of the Joker how to get his look for The Dark Knight Rises premier how to make a wig look more real
 Notice how real his wig looks.  It looked so bad fake before I tweaked it.  So if you need to tweak your wig this how I did it.  First, I cut it making sure to cut in angles and layers so that it didn't look chopped.  Then we needed it to look dirtier and greasy.  I started off trying to use hair products, but don't waste your time or product on this synthetic stuff.  Just go to the kitchen and grab the olive oil.  And no it's not time for a snack, you're going to add it to the wig.  Although the smell reminded me of a smell from when I was pregnant and my husband and I would grill chicken until I couldn't handle the smell anymore.  So I was pretty much gagging the entire time I was doing this.  Don't worry it doesn't stink it just triggered an aversion for me.  Getting to the point, just pour it in your hands and rub it in, pretty heavy amount, and put it throughout the wig sort of scrunching at the ends so you keep that wavy look.  Then Chase suggested adding some black to the wig.  I grabbed my gypsy sticks and used the black to color in at the roots so it looked dirtier, more dimensional and like dark roots.  I also selected random strands and put the black down the entire length of the strands throughout the wig. You can also just use chalk pastels from the art supply store to add the black to the wig.  Even Walmart's arts and crafts section has them.  Finally, I sealed it all in with some finishing hair spray.  I thought it turned out great!!!!
Heath Ledger version of the Joker how to get his look for The Dark Knight Rises premier
When it gets closer to Halloween we will do a detailed tutorial on how to get this look and do the scarring and all.  Hope everyone enjoys the premier tonight.  Feel free to leave comments below and tell us what you thought about the movie.
XOXO,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any glamorous comments here: